• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"I'll kill you before they get here"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michelle Wilson

What is the name of your state? Texas. I'm a recent widow of a marine who passed away from cancer. I met a man that made me feel like home when I hugged and kissed him. To say the least, I fell for him. We argued sometimes, but mostly it was good. One morning we had a tiff before he went to work. He totalled his Jeep. I rushed to him, collected him and his stuff and allowed him to stay here for 7 months now. He's only helped with a month and a half of bills period. To the point....we fought one night, and he got 2 inches from my face yelling with spittle. I grabbed the phone, said, "I'll get the cops to get you outta here" and he lunged his hand on my neck, pressed his body hard over mine on the couch after falling back, and said with fire in his eyes..."I'll kill you before they get here". I hadn't even opened my phone app yet when he said that. Now we are about 4 weeks later, I'm constantly telling him to move the hell out, but he refuses to. Says he lives here. Told him tonight that I'm afraid of him, he just responded with nasty things to say. How do I go about getting an order of protection against him? I can't wait for an LL/T to go into effect. What if I really need the cops again? I feel like I need them now, but he only made the one death threat. Many times he wants to beat my ass he says. It's getting meaner by the day. My 20 year old son lives here and has witnessed his attitude towards me and is wanting to feel safe too. He threatened to kick my eagle scout son's ass if I broke a drumstick on purpose. Please help me. I don't know where to go from here. I'm scared.

Last edited:

quincy

More information would be helpful. Thanks.

If you fear for your life, call 911. If you are in an abusive relationship, contact a domestic violence shelter.

quincy

I just typed everything out...does it not show?
Now it shows. It didn’t before.

You can make use of the resources in the links provided above to find ways to best handle your unwanted and dangerous house guest.

You probably will want to seek an order of protection, which can get him removed from your house without the need to formally evict him - but you need to be very very careful about what you do and how you do it. Abusers can become even more violent and dangerous when the one they abuse attempts to sever the relationship.

Stay safe. Protect yourself and your son. Good luck.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

Please help me. I don't know where to go from here. I'm scared.
Buy a gun.

Yes, that's my answer to any woman who is a victim of domestic violence. And, yes, there's a risk that it can be used against you. But would you rather die helpless, or die fighting?

Or buy one of those flip open knives and keep it in your pocket at all times. Next time he puts two hands on your throat you'll have a free hand to take out the knife and use it.

He WILL kill you if you aren't prepared to defend yourself.

LdiJ

Restraining order, change the locks, buy the gun or a taser. Then once he is out of your house, NEVER let him back in ever again. Not even "to talk". Never have anything to do with him again.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
First, I hope you are not using your real name.

Second, you need an escape plan. Use the resources that @quincy suggested to find what that means.

Third, while you are putting together your escape plan, get counseling.

Fourth, reach out to sure a neighbor or friend and let them know what's going on.

Take care. It usually takes more than one try to get out of an abusive relationship, so do not despair.

Buy a gun.

Yes, that's my answer to any woman who is a victim of domestic violence. And, yes, there's a risk that it can be used against you. But would you rather die helpless, or die fighting?

Or buy one of those flip open knives and keep it in your pocket at all times. Next time he puts two hands on your throat you'll have a free hand to take out the knife and use it.

He WILL kill you if you aren't prepared to defend yourself.
Worthy sentiments, but a lot of women's clothing lack functional pockets. That's why we have pocketbooks.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Restraining order, change the locks, buy the gun or a taser. Then once he is out of your house, NEVER let him back in ever again. Not even "to talk". Never have anything to do with him again.
Exactly.

Not even for "closure". That's a classic way of getting killed. (Happened to a relative's classmate.)

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas. I'm a recent widow of a marine who passed away from cancer. I met a man that made me feel like home when I hugged and kissed him. To say the least, I fell for him. We argued sometimes, but mostly it was good. One morning we had a tiff before he went to work. He totalled his Jeep. I rushed to him, collected him and his stuff and allowed him to stay here for 7 months now. He's only helped with a month and a half of bills period. To the point....we fought one night, and he got 2 inches from my face yelling with spittle. I grabbed the phone, said, "I'll get the cops to get you outta here" and he lunged his hand on my neck, pressed his body hard over mine on the couch after falling back, and said with fire in his eyes..."I'll kill you before they get here". I hadn't even opened my phone app yet when he said that. Now we are about 4 weeks later, I'm constantly telling him to move the hell out, but he refuses to. Says he lives here. Told him tonight that I'm afraid of him, he just responded with nasty things to say. How do I go about getting an order of protection against him? I can't wait for an LL/T to go into effect. What if I really need the cops again? I feel like I need them now, but he only made the one death threat. Many times he wants to beat my ass he says. It's getting meaner by the day. My 20 year old son lives here and has witnessed his attitude towards me and is wanting to feel safe too. He threatened to kick my eagle scout son's ass if I broke a drumstick on purpose. Please help me. I don't know where to go from here. I'm scared.
Are you sill in contact with any of your late husbands Marine buddies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">