• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegally parked car PLEASE HELP ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmaloney

A month ago my friend hit an old, illegally parked Jeep in his apartment parking lot. The Jeep got a small scrape on the bummer which the owner is demanding $150 to fix. Since the Jeep was blocking the only exit to the road, and the owner never filed an accident report, does my friend have to pay this ridiculous amount for a tiny scratch. The reason he didn't have the Jeep towed immeaditly is that he had to go to a very important class and waiting to leave the parking lot until the Jeep was towed would have caused him to miss it. He didn't mean to hit the Jeep but it was parked in the middle of the parking lot/parking lot driveway. Someone please help ASAP thanks

J

Joew

Hi, don't take my advise too seriously, I'm not a lawyer and have never had any experience in this type of incident. I would think since there was no report filed that he does not have to pay. I definatly would not pay and if the guy really wants the money I would think he'd have to go to court. But think about it, if the guy was really serious about the scratch, wouldn't he have filed an accident report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">