• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm in a pickle....any help or input would be appreciated.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

Shaking California

So last month....we were given a notice to vacate from our landlady.

Per CA law, we have 60 days. Ok. No hard feelings.

There obviously was some confusion when she talking to us verbally.

We understood she would not charge us rent for April or the first half of May since we had to be out May 15th.

Seemed decent. She also mentioned she was aware of the deposit.

Three days later, she served us with the notice. No mention of the "no rent for April or May" deal.

Now, she's asking us if we want to use our deposit for the last of our 6 weeks.

Wait...what?

Now she clarified via text.

So....now my question is...does this apply to us?

I saw this link. At what point are we due relocation fees since we are not being evicted due to any actions breaching our month to month rental agreement in the 9 years we have been living here.

http://lahd.lacity.org/lahdinternet/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=kA34UEkbp60%3D&tabid=146&language=en-US

Gail in Georgia

"At what point are we due relocation fees since we are not being evicted due to any actions breaching our month to month rental agreement in the 9 years we have been living here."

What makes you believe you are due relocation fees simply because you are not being evicted due to any actions breaching your month to month rental agreement?

Do you fit into any of the categories outlined in the link you provided as the REASON for the landlord terminating (NOT evicting) your month to month tenancy?

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">