• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not at fault but I'm locked out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

No. Unless your locality has some extremely unusual programs, court-appointed attorneys only exist to defend those accused of crimes.
The answer above was going to be my initial response but this is a hearing about an alleged domestic violence incident and the need for an order of protection. dcmiller has been accused of a crime. I am not sure that an attorney can’t be appointed. :unsure:

quincy

dcmiller, you must adhere to ALL of the terms and conditions as detailed in the temporary protective order. If it says you must pay $500, pay the $500 and argue the unreasonable amount when you appear in court.

The order currently is just a temporary one, based strictly on the information provided the court by your sister. If your sister lied to the judge in order to get the restraining order, the judge will not be happy.

Be prepared to address her claims when you go to court. Speaking to an attorney first, or having an attorney with you in court, would be wise and is advised. Ask at a legal aid clinic if there is free or low cost legal assistance available to you for your court appearance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">