• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

im so not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racegirlrandi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?My spouse has filed papers for divorce in california and has the date of marriage completely wrong. He never had me served instead the server laft some papers at my 80 grandmothers house where i DO NOT live at her house. I havent seen him in over 13 years, weve been married for 19 years alltogether now. He is also asking for me to pay him 10,000.00 dollars and his reasoning is false i have the necessary proof that his allegations are inncorrect. Now hes has filed a request for a default. How can this even happen? and what do i do. Will there be a final hearing and how can my voice be heard and how is this even legal since i wasnt even married on the date the papers are for? Also i am now permanantely disabled and am unable to support myself. This guy is one of those total greedy take advantage of people kind of jerks. By the way my name is Randi im 42?yras old and im owned by 5 weenie-Dogs. I live in the San Juaquin Vally Cali. Im pretty much a down to earth type of person and just want the serenity in life i deserve to have.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?My spouse has filed papers for divorce in california and has the date of marriage completely wrong.
This probably isn't going to matter

He never had me served instead the server laft some papers at my 80 grandmothers house where i DO NOT live at her house. I havent seen him in over 13 years, weve been married for 19 years alltogether now.
Speak with an attorney - it's very possible that you were served correctly if he used "last known" address. When did it happen, and when did grandma tell you?

He is also asking for me to pay him 10,000.00 dollars and his reasoning is false i have the necessary proof that his allegations are inncorrect.
Allegations of what?

Now hes has filed a request for a default. How can this even happen? and what do i do. Will there be a final hearing and how can my voice be heard and how is this even legal since i wasnt even married on the date the papers are for? Also i am now permanantely disabled and am unable to support myself.
Why didn't you get divorced before now?

This guy is one of those total greedy take advantage of people kind of jerks. By the way my name is Randi im 42?yras old and im owned by 5 weenie-Dogs. I live in the San Juaquin Vally Cali. Im pretty much a down to earth type of person and just want the serenity in life i deserve to have.
Same question - why on earth didn't you file for divorce yourself, years ago?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?My spouse has filed papers for divorce in california and has the date of marriage completely wrong. He never had me served instead the server laft some papers at my 80 grandmothers house where i DO NOT live at her house. I havent seen him in over 13 years, weve been married for 19 years alltogether now. He is also asking for me to pay him 10,000.00 dollars and his reasoning is false i have the necessary proof that his allegations are inncorrect. Now hes has filed a request for a default. How can this even happen? and what do i do. Will there be a final hearing and how can my voice be heard and how is this even legal since i wasnt even married on the date the papers are for? Also i am now permanantely disabled and am unable to support myself. This guy is one of those total greedy take advantage of people kind of jerks. By the way my name is Randi im 42?yras old and im owned by 5 weenie-Dogs. I live in the San Juaquin Vally Cali. Im pretty much a down to earth type of person and just want the serenity in life i deserve to have.
You should have responded to his petition for divorce even though you were not properly served.

Contact the courthouse and find out when the default hearing is scheduled. Show up for that and state your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">