• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Images grabbed from my site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please cite these studies, wrong, because I find it hard to believe that any study shows that an artist gains economically by giving his work away for free.

Only criminal copyright infringement comes with the possibility of jail time, and it will not be "life in prison" (which is an absurd statement). Criminal copyright infringement charges are filed when the infringement is willful and when the infringement is for commercial gain and large amounts of money are involved. The government will not prosecute innocent infringers.

Most infringement will be handled as a civil action, resulting in awards of damages to the copyright holder.
Sarcasm .... Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .... to even post that this is an "absurd statement" is absurd itself.

The studies are out there .. go find them.

You are now on my ignore list ... don't bother asking me further questions ... I won't see them

quincy

I have a feeling you have put me on your ignore list, wrongsometimes, because you have been asked to cite sources to support your rather odd statement of facts.

The studies that you claim exist, that supposedly show that artists benefit economically if they give their work away for free, would certainly be "out there" if these studies are in fact out there as you say. I strongly suspect no such legitimate study has ever been made that draws these conclusions, however. ;)

Your opinion, on the other hand, that life would be simpler if everything on the internet belonged to mankind is, I am sure, one that is shared by others (especially by those who have received infringement notices :)).

Last edited:

photo guy

Yes, stop posting the pics. Life would be simpler if the law was "anything you post on the internet belongs to mankind" & its the type of legislation I support.

It could be a five year old kid who did this .. you want them to get life in prison?

Our copyright laws are just goofy on this point....plus, there has been studies showing that giving stuff away free on the web is actually economically better for the artists.
If I post my images in my online gallery for viewing and sale I sure as heck don't want to think that you can just copy and paste at your leisure. It is a business store front and should be treated as such. Theft is illegal period.
A 5 year old kid that knows how to steal images from the internet has obviously been shown how by an adult who is the one to be held responsible correct?
Your "studies" are wacked. The internet is a great source of revenue, especially for a photographer. Our copyright laws are there to prevent theft of property. That being said why would I want to give my product away that I worked so hard and spent funds on to produce? Sounds like pretty poor business practice to me? If you have to give your work away to get business then there are two reasons for it. 1)you want to because you love losing money or 2) your not that good.

I worked so hard .
CLICK! Done. Real hard there ... don't want people to "steal" your stuff then don't post it where it can be copied or saved from....

seems to me like you post stuff just so people will take it and then you chase them down for a quarter-penny pic and try to get millions off of them.

I am an artist too ... so if I have something I don't want people to copy then I don't post where people can. Its not brain surgery.

Some guy in China or N. Korea could copy it and email to the world..what you going to do then?

photo guy

It is a bit more than "click done" my friend as an artist you should know this. Maybe not.
Some times you can be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">