• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration Visa - child of Green Card holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Toronto, Canada
My parents have their Green Cards and live in Florida. I would like to join them (it's cold here in Canada!:) - I am unmarried, over 21. I have all the necessary forms etc.
Question 1: Approx. how long does it take to actually get an immigration visa? I checked on the visa bulletin website - the cut off date is 15NOV98 for my class (2A). Does this mean I will wait 4 or 5 years after my petition has been processed to receive a visa?
Question 2: Is there a fee I can pay that would expedite this process?
Many thanks for any advice anyone can offer me.



Now way to expedite unless you qualify for the visa lottery. file application then encourage your parents to naturalize. then your application can be moved up to the citizen category.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential