• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In jail to long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



According to the sentencing transcripts. I was held in a county jail to long. The judge said for my violation of probation that I was only getting 100 hours of community service and for the other case he said that I was getting 6 more months and I already had a 6 month case in jail that I started. The judge summed it all up and said what this all means that you got a year in jail which is only 6 months to do. You already have over 100 days already in jail so you don't have very much time left to do. Even my lawyer said after figureing out my days that I only had 66 days left to do. That I would be out before the superBowel. 4 days later The jailers presented me with paper work saying that my whole suspended sentence was revoked 2 1/2 years that I would be out in the year 2003 of july. But the judge never said this in court and I got the court transcripts with me here. My lawyer never got back with me My time to get out of jail last January pasted. I got a court apointed lawyer who also said that I should of been out of jail. He tried to modifiy me out of jail but the judge said no we both couldn't understand this. A month later I filed for motion to correct sentence. In court the judge still said no,But then he said that the jail was kind of crowded so he modified me out of jail. I spent 2 months to long in jail according the court transcipts. I would like to know if I have a chance to file a claim on this. How much time do I got? Where do I file this in what court? I can't find a lawyer to represent me. Who do I file this on? The county, court reporter, probation officer, the judge,or the state or whoever. Its been a year since that cout date. But 2 months short since I've been out of jail. One person said there is a torke law where you got to file within 6 months. Is there anyway that I can do something on this. 2 months of my life and my dad also died while I was in jail which even made this harder. can someone please give me some answer or advice. Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential