• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Increase in 401(k) contribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I cannot pay, sorry, I cannot explain here (simply: we are very tight on our budget). I have several other financial obligations which also I cannot explain here. Also I cannot file bankruptcy.

I wish to increase the 401(k) contribution to 8%, if and only if that will not create any fraudulent judgments against me or else I simply go with my current 5% and think about future survival little later.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I cannot pay, sorry, I cannot explain here (simply: we are very tight on our budget). ...

I wish to increase the 401(k) contribution to 8%...
If you can afford to increase your 401K contribution by 3%, then you can afford to pay your creditor that same amount. You just don't want to.

Just Blue

Yes, I do not wish to pay that 3% to creditor, sorry for my poor wording in my earlier communication(s).
You said your wife was not working? Why? She could get a part time job and with that extra income you could get this paid off in under a year. If child care is an issue, she could work nights/weekends or when you are available to watch the children.

You said your wife was not working? Why? She could get a part time job and with that extra income you could get this paid off in under a year. If child care is an issue, she could work nights/weekends or when you are available to watch the children.
Sorry, I cannot discuss those details here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I do not wish to pay that 3% to creditor, sorry for my poor wording in my earlier communication(s).
Right - so by moving that 3%, your intent is clearly to "hinder, delay, or defraud the creditor". You can try and spin it all you want, but that's the bottom line.

paddywakk

I cannot pay, sorry, I cannot explain here (simply: we are very tight on our budget). I have several other financial obligations which also I cannot explain here. Also I cannot file bankruptcy.

I wish to increase the 401(k) contribution to 8%, if and only if that will not create any fraudulent judgments against me or else I simply go with my current 5% and think about future survival little later.
You could pay, you just want to put money aside for the future.

Plenty of people in the US retire every year without a 401k or any other retirement savings. I suggest you stop saving and pay your debt

Thanks Zigner, I understood and will not change my 401(K) contribution: eat little more food every day than increasing that 401(k) contribution
Thanks Paddywakk: I already answered it above. By the way, creditor can get my money if they can and I have no obligation to pay that voluntarily. There are plenty of people, from homeless to those living in palaces, I agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">