• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indictments in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I have a Power of Attorney, notarized.
The power of attorney (POA) doesn't help you with speaking to his lawyer. The lawyer restricted in what he or she may tell you because of the attorney-client privilege and the attorney's duty of confidentiality. Things the lawyer or your fiancé tell you about the case may end up being used against your fiancé.


Senior Member
He does have a court appointed attorney. Who was appointed back in April. But has never gone to see him, after saying he would back in April! I have been trying to get a hold of the attorney for the past 3 weeks and no answer, despite the messages I leave everyday, personal hand written letters from his client, and emails. I have also met with multiple attorneys to hire, none peck my interest.
What was the reason for your fiancé’s arrest? He has never appeared in court? How was he appointed an attorney?

Your fiancé potentially can fire his court-appointed attorney. Here is a link to a FreeAdvice staff-written article with some general information on replacing a public defender:

I agree with the others that you are limited in what you are able to do for your jailed fiancé. Your fiancé should be demanding to speak with the attorney who was appointed to represent him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free and Confidential