• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indigent person form - county pay for trial transcript

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bess

What is the name of your state? Indiana. Friend needs county to pay for trial transcript. Is there a form that needs filed showing a defendent as an indigent person even though the defendant has asked for a public attorney? ( hasn't been assigned one yet)

quincy

What is the name of your state? Indiana. Friend needs county to pay for trial transcript. Is there a form that needs filed showing a defendent as an indigent person even though the defendant has asked for a public attorney? ( hasn't been assigned one yet)
If your friend has an attorney appointed, the attorney can order a transcript. Why does your friend feel s/he needs the transcript?*

*never mind. I remember now from your other thread. :)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/no-action-taken.650832/

Last edited:

Just Blue

What was the conviction for? I asked on your other thread and you never did answer...

quincy

What was the conviction for? I asked on your other thread and you never did answer...
Because it was earlier said there was a jury of 6, any criminal offense would be either a misdemeanor or a level 6 felony. More serious crimes require a 12 person jury.

bess

showing a 2 second youtube video to an 11 year old male minor which minor's mother thought was inappropriate

bess

The defendant will have to wait a month for hearing for PD. Should affidavte of indigency form be filed along with the transcript request now to speed things up, have ready for PD?

adjusterjack

Should affidavte of indigency form be filed along with the transcript request now to speed things up, have ready for PD?
If you are talking about a trial transcript, courts don't generally provide transcripts, the court reporters do and that's how they make their living. Transcripts aren't cheap and I'm not sure the court would agree to pay for it. You could try if you like but if you are appealing your conviction I suggest you let your PD handle this.

quincy

The transcript is from the transcription service. I believe in Indiana the cost of a transcript is 50 cents a page (or a minimum $35 per transcript) plus hourly labor charges for transcribing and a charge for office supplies.

It is best to let your public defender handle this for your friend.

bess

If you are talking about a trial transcript, courts don't generally provide transcripts, the court reporters do and that's how they make their living. Transcripts aren't cheap and I'm not sure the court would agree to pay for it. You could try if you like but if you are appealing your conviction I suggest you let your PD handle this.
I read somewhere that the clerk is in charge of transcript's and will file with county to be paid if defendant is indigent. If that's true than defendant should file the affidavit of indigence at the same time of request for transcript? Thanks for the suggestion and defendant will be grateful for help with forms and advice but has been burned really bad by a person that makes his living as an attorney. Has no faith in attorney's now or the system. (sorry to the good)

quincy

I read somewhere that the clerk is in charge of transcript's and will file with county to be paid if defendant is indigent. If that's true than defendant should file the affidavit of indigence at the same time of request for transcript? Thanks for the suggestion and defendant will be grateful for help with forms and advice but has been burned really bad by a person that makes his living as an attorney. Has no faith in attorney's now or the system. (sorry to the good)
The clerk is not responsible for transcripts. The court reporter assigned to the courtroom is.

bess

The transcript is from the transcription service. I believe in Indiana the cost of a transcript is 50 cents a page (or a minimum $35 per transcript) plus hourly labor charges for transcribing and a charge for office supplies.

It is best to let your public defender handle this for your friend.
Indiana is something like $3.75 a page for snail pace. Get's higher the quicker you want it. Way higher!

bess

The clerk is not responsible for transcripts. The court reporter assigned to the courtroom is.
So the defendant needs to contact the court reporter and submit afadivit for indingency and then reporter submits to county for payment? Correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">