• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indirect contact on restraining orders and neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

its_kathie said:
Carl, Please refer to California CC 527.6 It refers to harassment specifically
It is in the Code of Civil Procedure, and NOT the Penal Code.

"Harassment" is not a criminal offense. I cannot arrest or cite someone for harassing their neighbor absent a court order preventing the conduct or some other crime that is part and parcel to the harassment.

- Carl

And to the guy in the other post; no the judge did not believe her story, he warned her about the penalty of purjury 3 times and didnt let her go under oath, he just read our declarations and concluded that i had a defence for everything she said, He granted the restraining order couse i told the judge it woudnt bother me if it was just gonna be a no contact order, he even confirmed my descicion by saying "so your okay with the restraining order?" And i said yes, Now im starting to have second thoughts about having a civil harassment restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">