• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tammy36

I would like to know if an informant will have to be brought forward in court?
I am in the state of Miss.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Sometimes informant are brought to stand as witnesses in trial. However, my understanding is, most investigative organizations/police departments like to keep the anonymity of the informant. If an informant is concerned of being brought to stand as a witness: that informant should keep two things in mind:

1) informant has the absolute right to take the 5th amendment. This is one reason why a lot of informants are not brought to the stand. Without your testimony, not much to go on.

2) Informant should contact his/her own criminal defense attorney to make sure all his/her rights are appropriately repped in confidential side bar talks with the department that may or may not decided to reveal the informant's identity.

Try attorneypages.com. Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">