• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury at night club

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mobbdeep

We ended up filing a lawsuit because while their insurance adjuster said we can expect an updated offer since they received the affidavit from a witness, they are waiting from an authority to approve the next offer which is said to be tomorrow and because of that, my attorney wanted to preserve my statute of limitations in case they come back tomorrow and asked if we filed a lawsuit then be SOL if we didn't. But, if we do get an updated offer soon, we will dismiss the lawsuit and most likely accept the offer so we don't have to continue the process another year or so.

quincy

We ended up filing a lawsuit because while their insurance adjuster said we can expect an updated offer since they received the affidavit from a witness, they are waiting from an authority to approve the next offer which is said to be tomorrow and because of that, my attorney wanted to preserve my statute of limitations in case they come back tomorrow and asked if we filed a lawsuit then be SOL if we didn't. But, if we do get an updated offer soon, we will dismiss the lawsuit and most likely accept the offer so we don't have to continue the process another year or so.
I think your attorney was smart to file the lawsuit. This shouldn’t hurt the settlement talks and it was appearing that they were looking to run the clock out with their delays.

Thank you for the update. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">