• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innacurate police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Florida

My wife was involved in a rear end collision while stopped at a traffic light in a construction zone. She was hit from behind by another vehicle. The initial collision involved a vehicle that hit and drove over a motorcycle and then hit another car which in turn hit another vehicle which then hit my wife. She then hit the car in front of her. A total of 6 vehicles involve. The problem is that the local small town Police Dept has my wife and the car behind her reversed on the accident report and refuses to change the report. This is causing her much concern in that there will certainly be lawsuits involved due to injuries to other drivers. She has collected from her insurance as the truck she was driving was totalled. The initial driver that hit the motorcycle was charged with the accident and cited. How can we get the Police Dept to amend the report or are we worrying over nothing. My wife has been seeing a Chiropractor but hopefully does not have any permanent injury so we have not obtained an attorney at this point.


Senior Member
Your wife should simply report the inaccuracies to her insurance company so they're documented. There are mistakes made on accident reports all the time. Insurance companies will take them into consideration, but they're considered heresy so they're not admissable as evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential