• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inspection Sticker out of date in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crakkajakka15

Hello long time reader first time poster. I have a few Questions about a citation that my girlfriend was given. She was driving a car that is registered in her fathers name. Her father never told her that her inspection sticker was out of date; let alone she never knew what the stickers on her windshield were even for. She was stopped and given a citation for those stickers being out of date. Now my question is it her responsibility to pay the fine or her fathers responsibility, which the car is registered to and from what i hear is obligated to maintain if im not mistaken. Thanks, any help would be great.
Todd

JETX

His it her responsibility to pay the fine or her fathers responsibility
The DRIVER of the vehicle is responsible for verifying that the stickers are current BEFORE he/she drives it.
Now, if she wants to talk to her father about him reimbursing her for the stickers, that is between them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">