• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co. Intimidation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Ohio
I am on LTD (past 7 years). Now my employer's insurance company wants to see my tax returns for the past 4 years to see if I've been working on the side I guess. I'm totally disabled so I haven't been of course. I don't have a problem with this except I file a joint return with my husband and he doesn't want his tax info going to my insurance co. Do I have to comply with this request?


I'm a Northern Girl
No, you don't.

But if they aren't completely satisfied as to your eligibility, they don't have to keep paying benefits, either.


The insurance company can have you sign a Fed Tax Release form, I think is # 4506. After you sign and return to the insurer, they submit it to the government and they supply the insurer with ONLY your income information (if any reported).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential