• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co, settled with leinholder, not me!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J. Dale

I had a total loss on my vehicle. My insurance carrier settled with my leinholder for $1000 less than they offered me. The incurance co. gave the leinholder possession of the vehicle. What are my options?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, well, sometimes since title was with the lienholder? the insurance company will settle with them. However, what I have done when an insurance company has tried to pay out to someone other than myself, I tell them before hand they need to pay me instead. What you can do is this: attorneypages.com, go there and find an insurance/accident attorney. Some of them offer free consultations. Go to the one that does. If there is none/you don't want to go this route: contact the better business bureau in your county (call 411) and then go from there. They can help you.

Hope this helps.

P

prairielaw3

As the other post suggested see an injury law attorney; presumably you had the cntract with the insurance co and generally under the policies they obligated to the insured to pay fair market value of totaled vehicles. What I have seen is that the insurance co write a joint check payable to owner and to lienholder to protect selves. Take policy with you. Ask lawyer if there were violations of insurance contract and if there was bad faith.
George Senteney http://www.prairielaw.cm
the global law community

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">