• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpleader Response.. Help?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celeron16

Thanks All for help in advance. I am located in California.

After being ripped off 2000 dollars by a car sales company I have found myself amongst others making claims on a 50K Bond. At this point I beleive it is still a civil case on the way to interpleader... but I am just not sure.

I was served the papers about 2 weeks ago and I need to respond. I BELEIVE that I need to do an "Answer" (and not a general denial in this case).

Myself and the other people wanting money are named as defendants and the cause of action is something like this:

plantiff beleives that all of the defnedants have bonds well over the 50,0000 bond proceeds. etc etc...

and plantiff prays:

1) defendants be ordered to interplead and litigate their claims to the bond described in this complaint.

2) etc etc.

So what do I need to do for a response? Do I plead my case in the standard "answer" form with my reciepts for the 2K i want back etc. Or do I just say (in the answer) YES, and then plead my case once we actually get to interpleader? Or am I just way off altogether? This has left me stumped!!! Plz help I will be check back on this post regularly!

Thx.

Alan!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">