• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate Compact & out-of-state parole violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my.boo.0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio & West Virginia
My Fiance is on Parole in Wisconsin and in West Virginia. We live in Ohio. Last year he was in a bar where there were underage girls drinking. And of course lying about their age. My fiance was not aware they were underage. And got a felony 4. He took a plea in Ohio that was 6 months ran concurrent with his parole violations in Wisconsin, and in West Virginia. Wisconsin does not want to revoke his parole. But West virginia is taking their time on making their decision. I told told that West Virginia has up to 90 days from the time of his sentencing in Ohio to make their decision. I'm not sure if its true or not. That is what I am wondering. Also I need to know the laws on interstate compact for ohio and west virginia. So that along with the amount of time West virginia has to make their decision on whether or not they are going to revoke his parole or not.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio & West Virginia
My Fiance is on Parole in Wisconsin and in West Virginia. We live in Ohio. Last year he was in a bar where there were underage girls drinking. And of course lying about their age. My fiance was not aware they were underage. And got a felony 4. He took a plea in Ohio that was 6 months ran concurrent with his parole violations in Wisconsin, and in West Virginia. Wisconsin does not want to revoke his parole. But West virginia is taking their time on making their decision. I told told that West Virginia has up to 90 days from the time of his sentencing in Ohio to make their decision. I'm not sure if its true or not. That is what I am wondering. Also I need to know the laws on interstate compact for ohio and west virginia. So that along with the amount of time West virginia has to make their decision on whether or not they are going to revoke his parole or not.
What exactly did he do with the underage girls?

my.boo.0

its nothing to do with that... he gotta messed up charge that he shouldnt of got... The judge straight out told him[along with the prosecutor] they did not wanna lock him up, but it's the law and they had to... I was there in court with him, and in belmont county the top judge is sullivan, he goes by the book no matter what, and most people consider him a d*ick[excuse that] but he understood that my fiance was pretty much set up.. but i need to know about the laws in west virginia about the amount of time they have to make their decision. His brother looked it up somewhere that they have 90 days from the day he was sentenced in Ohio to make their decision on whether they are going to violate his parole or not. He's serving 6 months in ohio. and we were hoping that they would make their decision before the 6 months is up.. now were finding out they got 90 daysa to do it.. which is really good because we need to know.. so i need information on the laws in west virginia. i've already done looked up laws in west virginia, i just don't know what to type in to even search for that.. i've tried parole violations.. but its all about just people in west virginia. but hes considered a interstate compact cuz hes an out-of-state parolie.. So yeahh i just need to know if they really only have 90 days from the day he was sentenced in ohio to make their decision.

my.boo.0

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
I just read up on some information. I looked up my fiance's DOC number and found him on the wvdoc website. his status is paroled to other state[ohio] meaning he does not have a parole officer in WV[it's in ohio]. Therefore; WV cannot touch him, and if they do we can take them to court for double jeopardy, because his parole officer in Ohio had the court give him 6 month. I need information. Is this true or not?????? because WV is going to try and revoke his parole.

FlyingRon

Sorry you are sadly mistaken. He was convicted in West Virginia, he is subservient to West Virginia. Just because his case has been transfered to the Ohio DOC for upkeep doesn't mean he's not still under the restrictions imposed by the WV court and corrections departments (I can almost guarantee that his first meeting with his PO in Ohio said that he was now subject to both of them).

The double jeopardy restrictions in the Constitution do not apply here. He can very much be dragged back to West Virginia. He can be locked up for VOP in Ohio, but WV can look to rescind the parole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">