• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate Telephone Threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmcelroy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My elderly father lives in Virginia. A neighborhood thug keeps harassing him (threatened to kick my dads as*, paces in front of his house, etc).. The local sheriff does nothing about it since 'he' never witnesses these actions....
I called the Sheriff from CA and cannot get them to take action......Since it's not illegal to call someone, I contacted this thug directly from my home in CA and advised him to leave my Dad alone....Although I was quite vocal, I never threatened him....However, he threatened me (I will kick both you and your fathers a*s)....I filed a police report against him in CA immediately.....However, now this dirt bag is telling the CA police that I threatend him and is going to the Magistrate (spelling??) in Virginia to file a complaint against me?? I take it if he gets a suepeona (spelling?) against me, the State of CA has to agree with the honor it (which I doubt they would....he said vs he said)......However, if he gets a suepeona do I have to worry about getting arrested if I travel to VA at a later date?

FYI, I have never been arrested....I just want my Dad to live in peace....I bought him the house in Virginia so he could escape neighboorhood gone bad in NY....Now this

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">