• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Introducing Evidence in Custody Hearing - FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troutette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am in a custody modification suit right now. I served my ex interrogatories and explicitly asked for his financial statements and copies of his partnership agreements. He hasn't responded to these and it's been months. Since that time, him and his partner ended their partnership. His partner has all the financial statements that I requested from his accountant. My question is, how can I introduce these into evidence? Can I bring official copies with accountant's stamp by myself or will I need to subpoena his partner to testify and introduce the evidence. I am still very friendly with this person and he does want to help me, as my ex has falsified his financial affidavit.

Also, do I need to provide the other party with copies of these records or do I just show up to court with them?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Normally you need to lay a foundation to have them admitted which means having a records custodian testify that they are normal business records or the partner could probably do so. Who prepared the documents? You need to read the rules of evidence and the rules of civil procedure.

troutette

The accounting firm has prepared all financials. Do I need to give the opposing side any type of "heads up" when this is introduced?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The accounting firm has prepared all financials. Do I need to give the opposing side any type of "heads up" when this is introduced?
Normally yeah -- a pretrial statement is required listing ALL of your evidence and all of your witnesses. You may also need to provide said evidence PRIOR to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">