• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INVASION OF PRIVACY/BROKEN PROMISES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JOHNCRUZ

I live in LI, NY, and rent an illegal basement apartment.
For months my landlord promised to make repairs and didnt.We went to court and obtained an agreement. He has 2 days left to make reapirs according to agreement. Last night he came in to videotape repairs. I asked him not to film my family or my home. I said if you want before/after shots....use a still camera...he refused and turned the camera on my wife. He then initiated a physical altercation. What can I do about this? I also do not believe he intends to make any repairs. He had me move all of my things out of the living room to install a carpet and then never showed up to do it. Do I have to pay him any rent if I have a court order for him to do the repairs (and he didnt)?

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

I would be glad to review Court Order and then speak with you (no charge). If you like, telephone me and I'll give you my fax number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">