• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

investigator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

waitinMd said:
I have proof of drugs, I dated her. I know people who buy from her father/grandfather and they are being watched by the police.

That's not proof.

the judge took the baby away from my ex because of the bf kicking them out while the baby was sick, my ex's bf abused my ex.

And the judge apparently felt that the child could go back to mom now.

all the vaccinations were missed.

So the child missed her (?) two month vaccinations? And that's it? Why didn't you take the child for the vaccinations?

my ex was court ordered to provide her own formula, i was ordered to provide mine. she said she could not afford formula.

If she was seriously ordered to provide food for the child and did not, why didn't you file contempt?

I did not file contempt per my lawyer

You needed a new lawyer a long time ago.

She was ordered to provide home/work phone numbers

But not ordered to actually take your calls, right?

I'm not trying to be b*tchy to you, but it honestly doesn't sound like hiring an investigator would be worth the money.

Last edited:

waitinMd

Thanks, I don't want to waste any more money.

I hate to have my child go back to that environment.

The judge said in the court he was drug testing her entire family, then he took it back.

She admitted to having plants in her car, and told the judge they belonged to either her father or her grandfather.

waitinMd

Can I write a letter to the judge?

Can I file contempt without going through my lawyer?

What happens if she does go around the bf that the judge told her to stay away from?

seniorjudge

Q: Can I write a letter to the judge?

A: Bad idea; the judge will never see it and if the other side hears about it, you will be in deep trouble with both the judge and the other side. (Google ex parte contact.)

Q: Can I file contempt without going through my lawyer?

A: Do you know the elements of contempt?

Q: What happens if she does go around the bf that the judge told her to stay away from?

A: The FreeAdvice crystal ball is currently out of service; please check back in six months to see if it has been repaired.

waitinMd

I'm always told I can not file anything at the courthouse because I am represented by a lawyer. The only thing I was able to file is the protective order ex parte.

seniorjudge

Q: I'm always told I can not file anything at the courthouse because I am represented by a lawyer. The only thing I was able to file is the protective order ex parte.

A: That is correct.

waitinMd

One more question and I am done.

Should I appeal? I don't feel the judge heard everything, or is it not worth it? Why do they make decisions based on just a few facts?

My lawyer said that it really was in my favor, all the things listed on the new custody schedule were attacks against her. For instance:

Drug testing every month
She can't be around the bf
She can't be around any drug environment

there were no stipulations against me.

seniorjudge

waitinMd said:
One more question and I am done.

Should I appeal? I don't feel the judge heard everything, or is it not worth it? Why do they make decisions based on just a few facts?

My lawyer said that it really was in my favor, all the things listed on the new custody schedule were attacks against her. For instance:

Drug testing every month
She can't be around the bf
She can't be around any drug environment

there were no stipulations against me.
Let's just for a moment you appeal and WIN: then there would be a rehearing and you would wind up worse than you are now. (Not to mention that your bank account is $10K lighter.)

Is that something you want to risk?

What is wrong with the order now that you think needs to be changed?

waitinMd

I know my child is in a dangerous home. My ex always wanted to stay at my house because HER mothers bf terrorized her. She moved in with her current bf because of the abusive home with her mother.

My ex's mothers bf hits them, he is an alcoholic. He has documented abuse charges against him at the courthouse. He kicked my child and her mother out of the house on the 2nd of January, my ex went to her new bf's house and was kicked out of there also. That is how I got 30 days temporary custody on January 5th.

seniorjudge

waitinMd said:
I know my child is in a dangerous home. My ex always wanted to stay at my house because HER mothers bf terrorized her. She moved in with her current bf because of the abusive home with her mother.

My ex's mothers bf hits them, he is an alcoholic. He has documented abuse charges against him at the courthouse. He kicked my child and her mother out of the house on the 2nd of January, my ex went to her new bf's house and was kicked out of there also. That is how I got 30 days temporary custody on January 5th.
You do whatever you think you need to do.

If they were my kids, I would go to jail before I would let them go into that situation.

waitinMd

Exactly, that is why I am upset that it was not mentioned about the abuse at the mothers house, and why I would like to appeal to ask the judge to consider it.

waitinMd

So basically I have to wait until she screws up again, or is in a screwed up situation before I can go back for a modification?

Therefore it is cheaper to get an investigator then to appeal?

I feel I have to monitor the situation.

thanks for your help and suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">