• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IP Law as a (new) career

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geoff_in_nc

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

First of all my apologies for this being somewhat off topic, but I was looking for some labor law info when I found this BBS, and figured I'd ask the IP law folks.

I'm an engineer working in the product sourcing area of a very large computer company, I've been in/around the computer chip industry for about 15 years, and feel the need to branch out now.

I'm very seriously considering going back to law school (evening program) and I'm most interested in IP law - patents more than trademarks & copyrights I think.

I'd appreciate any opinions on the field, any comments, advice, etc. If you feel a response is too "off-topic" to appear here, (I.e. advice on surviving law school) you can definitely email me.

Thanks, and again my humble apologies if this is out-of-bounds for this forum.

Geoff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">