• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it considered kidnapped/sue airlines?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
what if the scenario was worse what if someone kidnapped my daughter or they keep that my daughter and I was never able to find her because an airline allowed my daughter to be on a flight without identification. I am very upset with my fiance even more with his mother as she should have more common sense because she is a mother as well as a nurse. I am still with my fiance because I am now afraid of him being spiteful if I was to break up with him and risk the chance of me not seeing my daughter. Someone please tell me what are my options I can no longer be lied to and no longer worried about if my daughter will be kidnapped. What are my options against him and her? What are my options against the airline?
Your options: get some counselling. You need to determine whether you should stay with this man or not. Staying merely out of fear does not sound healthy, and is not good role modelling for your daughter.

If you starting to contemplate breaking up with your daughter's father, get an initial consult with a lawyer with experience in family law. Look up local resources to get a better idea of what sort of parenting plans are common in your are. Understand what a court order for custody and visitation is, and what to do to enforce it, if the other parent withholds court ordered parenting time.

If you understand your rights as a parent to have relationship with your child, and understand what the court considers to be the best interest of the child, you will be in a better position to understand your legal options, and less fearful that you will just be bullied out of your child's life.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I would likely have the same problem with Hawaii. Its the distance involved. I might also have a problem if dad said the child was going to be in Florida when the child was really in California. If something goes wrong, where do you start looking for your child?
I agree that there is a moral problem with the father lying to the mother about where the child was going to be and agree with Blue that he should have handled it differently. But in my view that problem is the same whether the child was 20, 200, or 2000 miles from where the father said the child was going to be. You still don't know where the kid is if you need to find the kid.

In any event, it struck me as odd that you focused on the continental U.S. as if that border was some magical line that would make a huge difference. The distance from Miami to San Juan is just over 1000 miles. It is just a few miles less than the distance between Denver, Colorado and Indianapolis, IN. So if you have a problem with the distance from Miami to San Juan you should have the same problem if the dad said they were going to Indianapolis but instead went to Denver. In both cases the distance traveled is about the same and in both cases the travel is within the U.S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">