• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it Fraud if Yahoo deletes likes & comments they don't agree with Without a Warning Label underneath their Comments Section

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

IMO HiFi would do better to get out of the house/mother's basement, away from the internet and t.v. and take a walk/ride a bike and interact in a positive way with real people.
I think everyone would do better to get out of the basement and away from tv and internet but … interacting with real people? That can be scarier than anything thought up on tv. :)

Just Blue

Noted. :)

Here’s hoping that former basement dwellers who have fed themselves on crime shows know how to do that.
Isn't there a song about how to do that???.....hummm...

Here it is!!:

[Chorus: Kris Kringle]
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking 'cross the floor
You put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking out the door

[Verse: Kris Kringle]
You never will get where you're going
If ya never get up on your feet
Come on, there's a good tail wind blowin'
A fast walking man is hard to beat

[Chorus: Choir & Kris]
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking 'cross the floor
You put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking out the door

[Verse: Kris Kringle]
If you want to change your direction
If your time of life is at hand
Well, don't be the rule; Be the exception
A good way to start is to stand

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The Yahoo Community Guidelines (https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/guidelines/index.html) gives Yahoo the right to remove content. From those guidelines:

• If you don't follow these rules, we may take action on your account, which could include content removal, suspension of commenting privileges, warnings, suspension, and/or account termination. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts, or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, and community. While these Guidelines don't create a contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner, we will try our best to enforce these Guidelines consistent with our principles and values.

quincy

The Yahoo Community Guidelines (https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/guidelines/index.html) gives Yahoo the right to remove content. From those guidelines:

• If you don't follow these rules, we may take action on your account, which could include content removal, suspension of commenting privileges, warnings, suspension, and/or account termination. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts, or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, and community. While these Guidelines don't create a contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner, we will try our best to enforce these Guidelines consistent with our principles and values.
The two other links previously provided, to Yahoo’s terms of use and the “user voice” forum, repeat what you’ve quoted above. It is made very clear by Yahoo that users of Yahoo are at the mercy of Yahoo’s rules and regulations and also Yahoo whims. Much as we are here on FreeAdvice. :)

Litigator22

lol... I have over 61k in posts here...I would probably have over 90k had Admin not removed some of them. Just because I think a comment is fine and appropriate doesn't make it so in Admin's opinion.
Could such numerical achievement be due in part because to date no admin has found reasons to find fault with such penetrating inquiry as: "WHAT STATE"?

quincy

Could such numerical achievement be due in part because to date no admin has found reasons to find fault with such penetrating inquiry as: "WHAT STATE"?
It’s a necessary question for those who fail to provide the answer on their own despite the prompt, however. There is no reason to find fault in that.

The majority of posts in this thread, however, offers several reasons. :)

HiFi

Okay. Yahoo informed you that your comments were against community standards. Yahoo apparently felt your comment was somehow inappropriate and now you know not to respond again with “LOL.”

This is clearly not fraud of any kind.

And on this forum you only need to post a response once so two of your three identical posts will be reported to the moderator for deletion. The removal of two of your identical posts, by the way, is also not fraud. ;)
You are totally wrong. Also if I can't answer each comment individually with the same example then why are you allowing the same comment being made repeatedly on different posts by others?

quincy

You are totally wrong. Also if I can't answer each comment individually with the same example then why are you allowing the same comment being made repeatedly on different posts by others?
There is nothing wrong on THIS forum with responding to a post with “LOL.” *** Yahoo is the site that apparently, according to you, has a problem with it.

This thread is subject to locking by the moderator sometime soon, by the way, so I hope you learned from our earlier posts what you wanted to know (i.e., that what Yahoo did is not fraud). These later posts are mostly just us messing around. :)

***edit to add: as far as I know

Last edited:

HiFi

Here is the fundemental problem I'm hving here in a nutshell. My definition of Fraud is when an entity deliberately withholds the truth. I take it everyone here thinks that my definition is wrong and that it is okay to deliberately deceive people in your business. In the case of Yahoo while it is a free internet site it is also a profitable business supported by advertisers. To make things clear I am not talking about Yahoo editing comments but Yahoo rejecting coments completely as well as Likes simply because they do not agree. Nowhere in the comment section does it state Yahoo may reject comments and likes it does not agree with. Without that warning or a similar warning, it seems this site is saying that Yahoo or any other Media Source is allowed to deliberately decieve and it is not considered Fraud or any legal violation.

quincy

Here is the fundemental problem I'm hving here in a nutshell. My definition of Fraud is when an entity deliberately withholds the truth. I take it everyone here thinks that my definition is wrong and that it is okay to deliberately deceive people in your business. In the case of Yahoo while it is a free internet site it is also a profitable business supported by advertisers. To make things clear I am not talking about Yahoo editing comments but Yahoo rejecting coments completely as well as Likes simply because they do not agree. Nowhere in the comment section does it state Yahoo may reject comments and likes it does not agree with. Without that warning or a similar warning, it seems this site is saying that Yahoo or any other Media Source is allowed to deliberately decieve and it is not considered Fraud or any legal violation.
Your understanding of fraud is wrong, which is why you are having difficulty. Several of us have provided you with the accurate definition.

Yahoo can edit and delete comments as they like. They own the content. You agreed to this when you registered on their site. Reread their terms and conditions of use.

And you might want to reread the terms and conditions of use for this site while you’re at it. FreeAdvice owns the content. They can do with it what they please (including editing or deleting posts in this thread, locking this thread, deleting this thread, deleting any one of us). :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">