• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for 17 yr old to travel on Jet to MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whiteknuckle

I met a great girl whom wants to visit me in Mass. She is from Missouri. Both states age of consent is 17. But im over 18. Can she legaly board an airplane at the age of 17 without parental consent. And is it legal for me to buy an airline ticket for her?
Sincerly,
want to do the right thing

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Check the statutory rape laws in your state to make sure the age of consent in your state is also considered the age of majority which is 18. i.e. check to see if 17 is the age where she can make her own decision and her parents can't charge you with any crime.

But on the other side of it, why don't you get to know each other first before you jump in? Trust me i am a woman in early twenties. So I have some experience in this area.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">