• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to use scenes from famous TV show FRIENDS to create pop up museum in New York city?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

A great post for the senior forum, TM. :)

Maksim did not ask about political correctness. Maksim wanted to know if s/he could open a Friends museum in New York. For that, Maksim will need permission from Warner Brothers.

I started a thread for a continuation of this off-topic discussion.

Last edited:

quincy

Maksim = he. From above and, well, it's a male-oriented name.
Thanks. I sometimes don't pay much attention to gender unless it matters to the legal issue. But I appreciate having it pointed out. :)

Last edited:

quincy

It's a nice name.

I didn't reread the thread or I would have caught it.

Maksim and his wife still cannot open a Friends museum without being granted the right to do so by Warner Brothers, though. :)

quincy

Or without risking the wrath of some millennials.
There is more to fear than millennials (many of whom, by the way, enjoy Friends).

There are certain companies you don't mess with unless you are armed with a lot of money, skilled attorneys, and a good defense. Warner Brothers is one such company and Maksim does not appear to have a good defense.

Maksim and his wife would be wise to find a way to make money that does not involve using without authorization the rights-protected material of others

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">