• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it ok???????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah17

well just so you people know i have moved in with my mom. i talked to her tonight she understands that we dont want to live with that man. but he is going to go get on some sort of medication to calm him down. i think maybe i will give it another chance but at least not for a month or two. and also we are not scared of him. i stood right up to him and he is not a little guy. my mom is not scared of him either he hits her she gets right back up and is not scared. my mom said it is ok if we stay at my boyfriends for a lil while so that she can find out how things are going to work. dont worry we are going to go to school here so we will not be missing that. thing are kinda ok and i wont get in troube for living with him bc now i have a legitimate reason. and hopefully my mom will relize that it is not good to still be living with her husband.

spidey225

You need to talk to a counselor at school and let them guide you. You also need to call the police while her face is bruised so the damage inflicted can be verified. Why does she want to stay with him??? Your mother is making a huge mistake by staying with him and by exposing her children to this kind of danger. I work in a psyche ward at the hospital and I can't even count the number of times situations like this turn deadly.
If you stay with your BF make sure it is OK with mom and for goodness sake, don't compound the problem by getting pregnant.
You are so young to be dealing with this. Please, for your own safety and that of your brother's, take some action. IT breaks my heart to see a man mistreat a woman and her kids. I lived that life myself with an alcoholic spouse and I had to call the police and have him put in jail and now prison. Don't live with it, It isn't worth it, and don't stand up to him when he is angry. It could mean a broken nose or worse for you. Please get help. I will pray for you.

Live each day as if it were your last....someday you will be right!!

sarah17

stealth what more can there be and no im not just here at my boyfriends bc thats were i wanted to be in my other posts from the past. plus we had no where else to go where my stepdad couldn come and my mom pretty much lost all of her friends when she married him. so we didn have alot of options. now my mom is saying that she is going to stay but neither me nor my brother want to live with him. so i guess we are just waiting until she realizes what is going on. i can believe she wants to stay with him i dont know how to make her see that it is bad if she stays. somene please give me advice on how to convince her to leave. she says she can see herself w/o him. but yet she says she cant lose me bc she just got me back. and she cant see herself w/o her kids. but she chose him over us and that p*sses me off and i feel real loved now. but hey why do you think i didnt want to move in with er in the first place she always choses her bf/husband over her kids. so i dont know what o do i guess i should just leave it go and forget her too.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If I knew, I'd say so. But you're living with Dad wanting to live with b/f. Then suddenly you're living with Mom who's getting beat up (but no one wants to call the cops) and voila! You're with your boyfriend. Can't go back to Dad's 'cause he doesn't like bro - where's his Dad or other family? Now you're back with Mom, but maybe not.

There's more underlying this story. And I don't know that you're being deliberately deceptive, but there is more to the story.

Happy Trails

stealth2 said:
If I knew, I'd say so. But you're living with Dad wanting to live with b/f. Then suddenly you're living with Mom who's getting beat up (but no one wants to call the cops) and voila! You're with your boyfriend. Can't go back to Dad's 'cause he doesn't like bro - where's his Dad or other family? Now you're back with Mom, but maybe not.

There's more underlying this story. And I don't know that you're being deliberately deceptive, but there is more to the story.
Looking for excuses, so she can go live with b/f.

sarah17 said:
somene please give me advice on how to convince her to leave
Until she decides she can't change his behavior, she most likely will stick it out with him.

Call 911 immediately if it happens again.
Google "Domestic violence hotline pennsylvania".

You can find out where the "shelters" are and "safe houses".....
Have that information handy in case you need to use it in a hurry.

sarah17

first of all stealth, that is my brothers dad too. he has never really liked him bc he was always like my mom. secondly my dad has jst said to me that he wont force me to come back bc he knew i hated living in the city. my mom is the dumb one who does not want the cops called i wanted to as soon as i saw her face. now you people make me very angry bc honost people come on here with real problems and all you do is try to make them feel like crap and accuse them of stupid stuff. stealth you ecspecially do that ive read it on several accounts. what ever happened to being nice and caring.

Just Blue

sarah17 said:
first of all stealth, that is my brothers dad too. he has never really liked him bc he was always like my mom. secondly my dad has jst said to me that he wont force me to come back bc he knew i hated living in the city. my mom is the dumb one who does not want the cops called i wanted to as soon as i saw her face. now you people make me very angry bc honost people come on here with real problems and all you do is try to make them feel like crap and accuse them of stupid stuff. stealth you ecspecially do that ive read it on several accounts. what ever happened to being nice and caring.

Sarah...stelth hasn't been nasty to you....she was stating the obvious! I, myself, looked at your other posts and thought that you were looking for a way to be with your b-friend! You have been given very good advice here.
Call the Dept of Childrens Services in your state and they will help you and your brother.
You have referred to your mother as the dumb one...presumptively because she won't press charges on her husband. There is more to it than you understand, contact a domestic violence hot-line, they will help you to understand why your mother is staying with this man.
Good luck to you and your brother.

bay

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">