• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it possible to block someone's legal entry into the U.S.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omar_b

What is the name of your state? California

My fiance and her family got their green cards 4 years ago. My fiance's mom now wants to bring her husband (my fiance's dad) into the US by petitioning for him. This guy was only in my fiance's life for a couple of years back in their home country of Nicaragua. In that time however, he molested her sexually for many years. This guy is a drunk and does drugs as well. Why the mom wants to bring him, it's beyond comprehension. He's a bad guy. All this time he's been in Nicaragua and he has had more kids with another woman. Is there anything we can do stop this guy from legally entering this country? The only person in favor of him coming is the wife that is petitioning and maybe the son, but just because the mom is guilting him into it. Everyone else in the family (aunts, uncles, grandma) want absolutely nothing to do with this guy. What can be done? Just how easy/hard it is to petition for someone? The mom makes next to nothing wages wise. $7 an hour tops, so there is no way she can show she can be financially responsible for this guy. The son who might be in favor makes about $10 an hour. They are the only ones willing to do this. Is this an advantage? Thanks for any advice.

evcalyptos

omar_b said:
What is the name of your state? California

My fiance and her family got their green cards 4 years ago. My fiance's mom now wants to bring her husband (my fiance's dad) into the US by petitioning for him. This guy was only in my fiance's life for a couple of years back in their home country of Nicaragua. In that time however, he molested her sexually for many years. This guy is a drunk and does drugs as well. Why the mom wants to bring him, it's beyond comprehension. He's a bad guy. All this time he's been in Nicaragua and he has had more kids with another woman. Is there anything we can do stop this guy from legally entering this country? The only person in favor of him coming is the wife that is petitioning and maybe the son, but just because the mom is guilting him into it. Everyone else in the family (aunts, uncles, grandma) want absolutely nothing to do with this guy. What can be done? Just how easy/hard it is to petition for someone? The mom makes next to nothing wages wise. $7 an hour tops, so there is no way she can show she can be financially responsible for this guy. The son who might be in favor makes about $10 an hour. They are the only ones willing to do this. Is this an advantage? Thanks for any advice.
Even if she does manage to find and file the correct petition,m it is at least 4 or 5 years before a visa number is available for the spouse of an LPR.

He will have a medical for the drug/drink problem and can be 'caught' there.
He must supply police records, so if he has a record, he can be 'caught' there.

Finally, the petitioner must show income over 125% of Federal Poverty Level for the size of her household to sponsor his entry. If she can not find a Joint Sponsor, the case may fall apart there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">