• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it too late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doogie

my husband died a little over three years ago. he was taking a flu medication that probably should not have been prescribed with his history of seizure disorder. at the time i didn't want to deal with it because i had just given birth 2 days prior to his death. now that i have had time to think about it , i think that the medication was a serious factor in his death. is it too late or is it still possible to take legal action??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doogie:
this happened in MISSOURI<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a terrible, sad, thing to happen to you and your baby.

I need to know whom you believe is liable, and why. Examples: Doctor, pharmacy, drug manufacturer, etc.

Also, could you please tell me the name of the drug? What other drugs was he taking (prescribed, over the counter, and/or elicit). Did he have any known allergies?
What was the drug used for? Any other specific information?

Additionally, I need to know when you became suspicious or aware that it was, in fact, the drug that caused his death, and in what manner or information did you learn that it was the drug.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited March 24, 2000).]

D

doogie

I believe the doctor and possibly the pharmacy were at fault. He was taking a medication (Dilantin) to control seizures when the doctor prescribed Flumadine for the flu. The medication is known to cause seizures. I didn't learn of this until about a year after his death when my mom mentioned it. I just began researching the medication recently when I came across the prescription bottle. No one mentioned the possible side affects. He suffered a seizure while taking a bath. He drown as a result of the seizure. He was on no other medications. This was not his regular doctor. I asked my husband if he had told the doctor he had a history of seizures and he said that he did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">