• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it worth to persue "slander" re: reputation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laura Scheu

I am an RN working in an ICU. We have a new nurse manager. In November she had a converstion with a secretary over the phone from a near by college, with whom I work also, that I have a "disciplin problem"(no evidence to support this). When I confronted her she denied that and said what she did say was "I (me)can be 'kurt' on the phone".

Then there was an incident at work and I was indirectly involved. My nurse manager had a meeting after the incident with the night shift on and said "Remember guys, I've had insubordination problems with her in the past". First of all this is not true (like the statement above) and there is no evidence to support this.

My relationship and reputation with the college, doctors who catch wind of this and the RN's that I work with whom I do not know could be affected as well. There is no obvious damage, but I am humiliated. Should I sue her? Is it worth it? Do I just make a lot of noise and threaten to sue??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">