• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is There a Deadline for a Civil Matter to be Heard?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissV

You are so correct (re: laws) which is why I studied hard and PASSED the State of Virginia exam. That's the bar established by Virginia law. The perplexing part is that the Commissioners can say/do whatever they'd like. I'd just like a fair, factual outcome. I don't 'do' feelings.

quincy

You are so correct (re: laws) which is why I studied hard and PASSED the State of Virginia exam. That's the bar established by Virginia law. The perplexing part is that the Commissioners can say/do whatever they'd like. I'd just like a fair, factual outcome. I don't 'do' feelings.
A fair, factual outcome is certainly a desired outcome.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The other day, I was on my way in to a building. It was very important to me that I get in to the building just as soon as I could. Unfortunately, as I approached the beautiful main entrance, there were two burly men standing right in the doorway just chatting about whatever it is that burly men chat about. There was no way to get around them, so I waited a moment, then cleared my throat. They glanced at me, then just continued their discussion. At that point, I politely, yet firmly said "Excuse me, I need to get in to the building". They both chuckled, then the more burly of the two pointed at a small door about 30 feet farther along the way and said "use that door, it takes you to the same place". Well, darnit, I didn't WANT to take that door that was a bit out of the way! Ya know what? I went to that other door anyway, spending about 45 more seconds than I had wanted to, and I ended up right in the heart of the building where I wanted to be in the first place.

Strange how things work out...

quincy

The other day, I was on my way in to a building. It was very important to me that I get in to the building just as soon as I could. Unfortunately, as I approached the beautiful main entrance, there were two burly men standing right in the doorway just chatting about whatever it is that burly men chat about. There was no way to get around them, so I waited a moment, then cleared my throat. They glanced at me, then just continued their discussion. At that point, I politely, yet firmly said "Excuse me, I need to get in to the building". They both chuckled, then the more burly of the two pointed at a small door about 30 feet farther along the way and said "use that door, it takes you to the same place". Well, darnit, I didn't WANT to take that door that was a bit out of the way! Ya know what? I went to that other door anyway, spending about 45 more seconds than I had wanted to, and I ended up right in the heart of the building where I wanted to be in the first place.

And your lawsuit against the two burly guys is now pending. :)

Just Blue

I love well done analogies.

adjusterjack

I'm licensed in NC. To be licensed in VA I had to pass their State licensing exam (done). Gave fingerprints. Then met with only one of the commission members, who asked me questions, such as "how much money did you make last year"? Staff told her she couldn't ask that. So then she asked about my Prelicense course (nearly 20 years old). Couldn't find the syllabus. Have had no problems in NC (I'm a Graduate of the Realtors Institute and Certified Distance Education Instructor). So since I can't 'prove' that I know about appraisals (which any of us must, since I teach all over the state), this Commission used it as a reason to deny and wants me to take one of their courses.
No, that's not why you were denied. You were denied because you didn't prove that you complied with 54.1-2105.3.a.

3. Every applicant for a license by reciprocity as a real estate salesperson or real estate broker shall have:
a. Completed a course in the principles of real estate that is comparable in content and duration and scope to that required in subdivision 1 or 12 semester hours of classroom or correspondence or other distance learning instruction in real estate courses that are comparable in content and duration and scope to that required in subdivision 2; and
b. If currently licensed by another state as a real estate salesperson or broker, passed Virginia's examination.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/54.1-2105/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">