• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a Federal Law that stipulates the existence of counties?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sorry, I honestly thought it was. In my view, every law student should know how his country, state and county is administered and which laws dictate it's administration. Federal Constitution, State Constitution and local regulations, should be common knowledge for an average attorney. Not knowing it to perfection, but some basic things. My country's Constitution has more text than your Federal Constitution and the state of California put together. I certainly don't know everything in it, but have a good idea of what's in it and even by logic I can tell what's in it and what is located in State laws or State Constitution.

Sorry amigo, you didn't show me how to fish either. Or perhaps I'm a bad student. But not hard feelings. I'd give you a hand if you needed it.
FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums.
And that's what you get for assuming.

ecmst12

Very few people on this site are lawyers or law students. And even those who are, are not going to know the (very complicated) government organizational structure of every state and county. You don't seem to have a concept of how big this country is and how different and independently run each state is. A lawyer might know the county structure of the state they practice in, but then again, maybe not - it's not information crucial to the practice of most kinds of law. A local politician would be more likely to have the information, and I don't know of any of those that post here.

davew128

I'm only going to add this for the benefit of the OP:

It's clear you do NOT understand what this nation truly is, nor do you have an understanding of the primary role of the federal government and the constitution. If you did, you would never have asked the question you did. Initially, and even now at least in theory, the states are sovereign. That's why there would never be a federal law on the matter.

DanielSoltero

And this is precisely why your "friend" needs to do his/her OWN homework. You proved our point. :cool:
Yes. Point proven, and that is: Some attorney's replying to this thread, DO NOT READ, their own laws that must be basic knowledge. Why would I expect them to have read that this is an INTERNATIONAL LAW homework for my friend who does not speak English? Wasn't there enough information to imply that my friend is not American and living in a different country?

No worries, to all with the homework. I'll post the answer to my questions so you guys would get to know where the county figure is stipulated. I'm referring beyond the State Legislature.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes. Point proven, and that is: Some attorney's replying to this thread, DO NOT READ, their own laws that must be basic knowledge. Why would I expect them to have read that this is an INTERNATIONAL LAW homework for my friend who does not speak English? Wasn't there enough information to imply that my friend is not American and living in a different country?

No worries, to all with the homework. I'll post the answer to my questions so you guys would get to know where the county figure is stipulated. I'm referring beyond the State Legislature.
This is not an international law forum :rolleyes:

justalayman

I'll post the answer to my questions so you guys would get to know where the county figure is stipulated. I'm referring beyond the State Legislature.
as you were told before; the information is known. It is simply that those that do know do not wish to share it with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">