• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a way I can get out of my 12 months lease?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hot Topic

Definitely get the permission to move in writing, and make sure it's specific. Don't let them get away with addressing, "Occupant. Apartment 14."

Ange85

I do have it in writing, she sent it to me in an email. Thanks a lot for your help!

I kinda wish I hadnt mentioned that I sleep in underwear now :eek: didnt think it would start a side-discussion lol but I thought most people did?!

Ange85

Whos liable

Failure to clear a clogged drain on private property before a torrential downpour is not a natural disaster.[/QUOTE]

I want to thank you for pointing this out and I have decided to seek legal help. I put over $3000 into fixing the car and it has lost all its re-sale value and it wasnt due to the rain but to the clogged drain so I think I have case. I know it is off topic but do you think getting a para-legal could help me with this or should I go straight to a lawyer? Would it have to be a lawyer who specalizes in this field? (and if so, whats the field called?). Sorry, no experience with this at all!! :confused:

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">