• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything I can do? Is this discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Furryposm

I do not mean this nastily. I really, truly do not.

Sweetheart, you need to get a life. Seriously.
No I get it! I just like being able to walk into a situation and fix it. I love learning new things and I need to be mentally challenged daily. I was asked to join Mensa, and I thought it would be good for me. Yet I didn't think it was such a great idea to have to pay to make interesting friends. And every so often someone comes to work with me and they challenge my intelligence.

I have yet to find another way to be challenged? Except maybe on the net. But I'm socially awkward which I'm sure you've guessed by now. I don't know maybe a hobby that involves other people?

I'm not offended!
Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You intrigue me, child. You really do. And I mean that in a good way.

What interests you? Outside of work, I mean?

Furryposm

You intrigue me, child. You really do. And I mean that in a good way.

What interests you? Outside of work, I mean?
I really enjoy helping solve problems !!! I try and help the homeless get a leg up when I can ! ( sometimes from work)

I like working with animals and disabled people.

I used to run a rescue when I had energy to do so.

I wish I had unlimited income so I could just go around doing random acts of kindness!!

I love buying food for the person behind me in fast food lines!

At Christmas if I have extra cash I get gift cards and put notes on them and slide them into people's bags when I feel they need a pick me up!!

I always have a gift card in my pocket to help if someone is low on funds .

And learning, I LOVE learning. If there is something I question or wonder about , I google it and learn all I can.

That in turn leads to teaching with my "questions of the day" at work.

As far as just for myself??? Hmmm I like being alone in quiet , or with the TV on in background.

I'll sit and Google random things or people.
I like playing luminosity to help increase brain function.
I love to camp and sleep out under the stars. I'm a total night owl, except when camping. I feel right at home sleeping in a tent under the stars. Waking up at daybreak feeling energized by the morning air.
I like creating and fixing things. I just gave an overhaul to my dryer when it quit working . YouTube is an awesome place for do-it-yourselfers.

I also like to take tests , especially IQ ones. It's nice to know you're not stupid!

Funny thing, before the Internet I would question my intelligence, crazy huh?
I've since found out I'm smarter than most, blessing/curse !
Also found out a few years ago why I'm socially awkward is because I have autism. Go figure ? ( through therapist, not the net)

Growing up I knew I was different yet there wasn't really much known about autism in the 60's. So I went undiagnosed. Which really wouldn't have mattered much as I have parents who believe in not treating you different because you have something wrong with you. I had atrial septal defect along with childhood epilepsy. You wouldn't have known had you not been told.

I'm loyal to a fault
Here's something I bet you didn't know... I love to write! Be it poems , letters to (?) blogs and I'm even working on about three books. Never had a book published, just a poem a few years ago. Can't even remember the name of the book it's in? Oh well.

Hmmm what else?

I love TV shows like "Brain Games" and "Outrageous acts of Psych"
Oh and movies like "12 Monkeys"!!

Sorry for rambling!!

I guess you can say I'm very Unique��

What about you?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Music. Books. History. Travel. I'm also a writer - first book coming out later this year.

Turn on your PM's.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Furry, perhaps you could find others to connect with here: http://wrongplanet.net/ It's an online forum for those on the Spectrum.

Just Blue

Furry, perhaps you could find others to connect with here: http://wrongplanet.net/ It's an online forum for those on the Spectrum.
As a Mom to a child on the spectrum ...I can say that although dealing with others can be hard for my kiddo she is most interesting and all that KNOW her are better off for that honor. :cool:

Ladyback1

As a Mom to a child on the spectrum ...I can say that although dealing with others can be hard for my kiddo she is most interesting and all that KNOW her are better off for that honor. :cool:
That's because you made sure she has had every opportunity, multitudes of Drs. appts, and most importantly LOVE.:D
If this OP was not or has not had that same sort of care, concern and love, finding a "spot" online could be a huge help and benefit to the OP.

[SUB]my oldest 17 has always displayed some signs and symptoms of being on the Spectrum. He does fine socially, he does well academically and is "our" normal. We have never had him tested because the signs and symptoms have not interfered with his daily life. Spectrum kids are so "neat" to know! [/SUB]

Just Blue

That's because you made sure she has had every opportunity, multitudes of Drs. appts, and most importantly LOVE.:D
If this OP was not or has not had that same sort of care, concern and love, finding a "spot" online could be a huge help and benefit to the OP.

[SUB]my oldest 17 has always displayed some signs and symptoms of being on the Spectrum. He does fine socially, he does well academically and is "our" normal. We have never had him tested because the signs and symptoms have not interfered with his daily life. Spectrum kids are so "neat" to know! [/SUB]
Thank You LB...I do Luv that Girl to the ends of the earth!! BTW...She is now in 8th Grade and is TOP of her class!! Ubber bright and (just to make sure everyone know it!!) SMART!! INTERESTING! LOVED! And Loving!! :D

And Beautiful!!!!!! ;)

:eek:

Sorry to hijack with my mommy pride stuff...

Furryposm

Thank you I will try it out! I've decided that autism is evolution of our species and we should embrace and learn from it. I communicate fine with non-verbal autistic kids all the time. It's not that hard , but you have to listen with your head and heart more than ears to understand. And try and understand that a single item like a playing card is this to autism ....

A card that is flat
Made of paper with plastic coating
Has bumps yet it soft
Has three different colors
Has a number or letter
Is rectangle
Is very thin
Has two different sides

I could go on, but you get the picture . To a " normal" it's a card.

Just Blue

Thank you I will try it out! I've decided that autism is evolution of our species and we should embrace and learn from it. I communicate fine with non-verbal autistic kids all the time. It's not that hard , but you have to listen with your head and heart more than ears to understand. And try and understand that a single item like a playing card is this to autism ....

A card that is flat
Made of paper with plastic coating
Has bumps yet it soft
Has three different colors
Has a number or letter
Is rectangle
Is very thin
Has two different sides

I could go on, but you get the picture . To a " normal" it's a card.
You are an interesting person!! I love this ^ post!!

Furryposm

You are an interesting person!! I love this ^ post!!
You know I never "fit in" anywhere, I was always the odd man out. But the only thing I would have changed, was the knowledge of why I was so different . Because the rest of it made me who I am today. I actually like me now.
Which I didn't before. But I've never learned to lie , I don't think it's an easy thing for anyone on the spectrum to do?

I have always been "an open book" I think if we were all this way life would be easier . Because I'm always so open, I can release any grievances quite easily . ( well except for the continuous let downs like work) but I regularly have days where everything goes bad. But I've never had a problem just going with the flow.

I see people ( my husband is bad at this) freak out over everything that annoys them. But, in case you haven't noticed ... It does nothing but make YOU sick! People need to learn to just let it go. I have low blood pressure , and have been told the patience of Job.

The other thing I do is question everything, like...

You're driving down the street and see a person walking on the sidewalk. I wonder if I don't notice them, do they really exist? Do you exist to them?

How many people do you drive next to, walk next to or talk to on the phone that you don't know, but have contact with each other often ? Maybe even have changed the others life?

My brain never stops thinking of crazy stuff. Well not loony tunes , but off the wall things.

Well I thank you guys for thinking I'm interesting . I can share anything with no problem.

I've thought about trying to either be a life coach or start an advice blog or line . I'm full of advice as well as completely useless information!!!

Just Blue

You know I never "fit in" anywhere, I was always the odd man out. But the only thing I would have changed, was the knowledge of why I was so different . Because the rest of it made me who I am today. I actually like me now.
Which I didn't before. But I've never learned to lie , I don't think it's an easy thing for anyone on the spectrum to do?

I have always been "an open book" I think if we were all this way life would be easier . Because I'm always so open, I can release any grievances quite easily . ( well except for the continuous let downs like work) but I regularly have days where everything goes bad. But I've never had a problem just going with the flow.

I see people ( my husband is bad at this) freak out over everything that annoys them. But, in case you haven't noticed ... It does nothing but make YOU sick! People need to learn to just let it go. I have low blood pressure , and have been told the patience of Job.

The other thing I do is question everything, like...

You're driving down the street and see a person walking on the sidewalk. I wonder if I don't notice them, do they really exist? Do you exist to them?

How many people do you drive next to, walk next to or talk to on the phone that you don't know, but have contact with each other often ? Maybe even have changed the others life?

My brain never stops thinking of crazy stuff. Well not loony tunes , but off the wall things.

Well I thank you guys for thinking I'm interesting . I can share anything with no problem.

I've thought about trying to either be a life coach or start an advice blog or line . I'm full of advice as well as completely useless information!!!
I hope you stick around here...You are a nice person. :cool:

davew128

I was asked to join Mensa
No offense, but as a person who is currently an officer on the local Mensa BOD, uh, no. We don't ask people to join. We'd LIKE people to join but you need to either pass the exam or provide documentation on a standardized exam that you qualify. Nobody simply gets asked. Joe Biden isn't walking through that door.

Just Blue

No offense, but as a person who is currently an officer on the local Mensa BOD, uh, no. We don't ask people to join. We'd LIKE people to join but you need to either pass the exam or provide documentation on a standardized exam that you qualify. Nobody simply gets asked. Joe Biden isn't walking through that door.
Is that really necessary?:confused::(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">