• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything that I can do....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honua23

What is the name of your state? California

In lieu of quitting, is there anything that I can do if I constantly feel that I am being badgered by my boss and HR? My company has been recently acquired and after some mapping within the company, my job was found to be considered redundant and unnecessary. Therefore, all employees were given either offer letters or transitional letters in which I received a transition letter stating that I would have six months in order to assist in the transition of my position to the new company. Prior to signing the transition letter, I spoke with our HR manager at the time and the VP of my group who assured me that all I would just be doing is trying to hand off or transition my desk over the my boss of whom they chose to continue on the purchasing department. I also requested to get a clear and concise list of job duties. It has been four months now and I still haven't received a specific list and how it should be handed off. Within that fours months, I met with my boss and HR and asked what I needed to do for my transition and only received answers of "I don't know". By the third meeting, I actually provided a list of what I felt should be transitioned over in which my boss only felt he needed to do one task on that list and told me that people in Operations would have to take on these purchasing responsibilities. I went to HR and asked, "If my position is being eliminated, why am I training someone in another group, rather than handing it off to the one person left in purchasing?" I received the answer of "I don't know" again. Due to frustration of no one seeming to know any answers, I asked "Who the hell in this company knows anything?" From that comment, I am being accused of swearing. On top of that, since I have been asking questions of my transition, in which I continue to do my regular duties and ask other groups and their managers where they feel some of the duties I have, who it should go to? I am getting reprimanded from my boss because I'm trying to make sure my transition will go as smoothly as possible. The last comment I received from my boss has left me with some concerns and has begun to make me feel even more uneasy and uncomfortable coming in the office. My boss, during one meeting stated that I can possibly end my transition early and leave the company by end of July. Since then, he acts as if he never said that I can leave early and constantly hold it over my head that if I don't do this and I don't do that, I won't get my transition bonus. Is that right? Can he make a statement such as this, "Please do not jepordize the chance of being able to leave "M" early with the transition benefits. One condition in the transition letter was that you must perform your duties.". I have spoken to the HR in the company that has acquired us and they have virtually done nothing to address this issue? Everyone else who received transition letters have and will ending their transition early and getting their packages. Is there anything I can do or is this all allowable in the workplace?

Beth3

On top of that, since I have been asking questions of my transition, in which I continue to do my regular duties and ask other groups and their managers where they feel some of the duties I have, who it should go to? I am getting reprimanded from my boss because I'm trying to make sure my transition will go as smoothly as possible.

Really? Based on the statements in your post, it seems far more likely that you are doing everything you can to undermine management and suggest to all and sundry that they don't know what they're doing. If you want to stay working until they no longer need you and thereby get your transition bonus, I suggest you knock off what you've been doing and simply do your job and follow whatever direction you're given.

honua23

No, I am not doing anthing to undermine management, but make sure the group that I am supporting will be well taken care of prior to me leaving. I am the only one in this company that does the duties that I do for them. My boss doesn't even know how and what I do. So, wouldn't it be realistic to train someone since I am coming down to my last month or when my times expires just leave and bid them farewell? For your infomation, I have been doing my job, but it only takes one day out of the week to do everything and if you think it's beneficial for a company to pay an employee to just sit here, than so be it. I guess I should be happy to just get paid to do nothing but surf the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">