• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this an "earned" or "unearned" income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

In reality , depending on your State's regulations , even if you were to file for the wittiness fees and the amount isn't much , you could possible file for a waiver through SSA , and that income could possibly be waived with no penalty against your SSI .

It's the way the Gov. has set it up Legally .

Torellian

OP doesn't want to GET the money because then he'd have to send it to the Gov't to reimburse them some of what he's GIVEN.
Actually, the OP doesn't want to get the money because he'd have to then give ALL of what he'd be PAID by the court. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually, the OP doesn't want to get the money because he'd have to then give ALL of what he'd be PAID by the court. :rolleyes:
Yeah - that's what I said.

Let's use theoretical numbers to make it simple for you...

Let's say you get $1,000 from "the gov't" for disability.
Then, let's say you get $250 from the court.
You will have to pay $250 to "the gov't", which reimburses them "some" of what you had already received (God forbid)

Torellian

Yeah - that's what I said.

Let's use theoretical numbers to make it simple for you...

Let's say you get $1,000 from "the gov't" for disability.
Then, let's say you get $250 from the court.
You will have to pay $250 to "the gov't", which reimburses them "some" of what you had already received (God forbid)
Hey, let's make this even simpler.....
Whatever the court pays me, and then I have to pay to the government; YOU can pay me that amount. That way, everyone (but you) will be happy! Plus, our next president (Obama bin Biden) will be proud of you for "spreading the wealth". After all, you don't need it, and I do (in my humble opinion). :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">