• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this an illegal search and seizure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

status_quo

general question for you all. Are you people real lawyers or pretending to be? By the answers given in the forums, I think we have a bunch of kids running around playing armchair lawyers. If this is the case, this forums time is about up. Dont ya think? Any site administrator that allows people who are supposedly star/senior members to post on this site, lewd and ridiculous comments,are faking their so called credentials, and arent in any way helpful to this forum or the people who coming in here seeking legitimate help. If you are actually lawyers, which I doubt there are any of those here, then I am ashamed of the actions I see on this board.

now.....ban me from this site for speaking the truth, lets see how far it gets you in the scheme of things. If I am banned from this site, my point has been proved.

C

cjabg

'general question for you all. Are you people real lawyers or pretending to be? By the answers given in the forums, I think we have a bunch of kids running around playing armchair lawyers. If this is the case, this forums time is about up. Dont ya think? Any site administrator that allows people who are supposedly star/senior members to post on this site, lewd and ridiculous comments,are faking their so called credentials, and arent in any way helpful to this forum or the people who coming in here seeking legitimate help. If you are actually lawyers, which I doubt there are any of those here, then I am ashamed of the actions I see on this board.

now.....ban me from this site for speaking the truth, lets see how far it gets you in the scheme of things. If I am banned from this site, my point has been proved."

Good point. You won't be banned unless you violate a rule, don't worry.
Looks like this forum needs some positive reform, these old goats need to be put out to pasture. "Free advise" well sometimes you get what you pay for.

C

cjabg

is this an illegal search and seizure?
What is the name of your state? MO
My brother was arrested for passing counterfiet monies. The police got a warrant to search for a computer and printer. They came in, took what they needed to their car, then came back in and started digging thru trash to find anymore counterfiet monies. They found a half of a bill that was burned and some empty vicadin sheets. (the kind you pop out of cardboard from a nurse). They looked in bedrooms and my mom's room. They found a sheet of vicadin with a few left in it. The problem is my mom is a nurse and had them from a patient where she works. They were expired and the patient no longer used them. At the police station they made her write a statement about having them, etc. If she is charged with this crime, she will lose her license to nurse for quite some time. Were the police legal to search her room and can she be charged because she wrote the statement if it turns out the search of her bedroom was illegal?"

It depends on what the search warrant specified. Also the police did not make your mom sign anything, that was her choice. THe question about illegal findings after the fact, if the search was infact illegal, anything there after cannot be submitted as evidence. In other words, a police office can't create a crime then cover it with grounds to search. THere is very good chance there was no right to search other peoples property in the home. You need a copy of the search warrant and counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">