• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Considered Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Child support arrears remain on your credit report for up to seven years, unless you make a deal with the child support enforcement agency. An agency may agree not to report negative information to the credit reporting agencies if you pay some or all of the overdue support. But few child support enforcement agencies will agree to eliminate all negative information. Most will at least report that you were delinquent in the past.
Quoting someone verbatim without attribution is plagiarism.

Ramsdale

For whatever reason your ex, at that time, didn't want to establish you as the father. Considering that 7 years later you are still brewing about it...I can understand why. I strongly advise that you let it go. It's never good for a child to have such animosity exist between his parents.
Just Blue, thanks for the advice. I came here because I've been so torn about this. I came here with hopes of gaining an understanding of the justice system and how it works in regards to my question. Reading the comments this morning made me feel 100% misunderstood and picked on by certain individuals. However, I'm glad I came here and I welcome everyone's perspective. Just Blue, I am going to put this behind me, discussing it and expressing myself has helped even though it wasn't favourable.

Just Blue

Just Blue, thanks for the advice. I came here because I've been so torn about this. I came here with hopes of gaining an understanding of the justice system and how it works in regards to my question. Reading the comments this morning made me feel 100% misunderstood and picked on by certain individuals. However, I'm glad I came here and I welcome everyone's perspective. Just Blue, I am going to put this behind me, discussing it and expressing myself has helped even though it wasn't favourable.
Thank You, Ramsdale. That was very gracious.

LdiJ

I just reread the entire thread and you were not picked on or misunderstood by anyone. People merely told you the truth and pointed out a few areas were you went wrong.

You might want to consider getting some counseling if it still bothers you that much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">