• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this contract void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

COPhoto

What is the name of your state? CO
I am a photographer who recently offered a contract and signed it for a bride. She returned it to me and made some addendums to the contract, signed it and returned with a deposit. I do not agree to the addendums that she made as she was vague and somewhat unreasonable in her demands that she included both on the contract and on a seperate paper.
My question: Is the entire contract is void or are just the addendums void if I do not sign the new demands she made?

BelizeBreeze

The contract has materially changed and without your acceptance, there is no contract.

Of course, you will need to return the deposit AND, if she sues, prove that you had no knowledge or acceptance of the changes. But, if they are on a separate page, that should be easy enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">