• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lots of great advice.
wanted to add a few fine points:
A.) you mentioned your gf was in school. my college had an obscure little fee for legal aid that proved to be very useful, essentially free (8 bucks or something) legal services. I'd look into whether this also exists at her school.
B.) Mrs D brings up good points about the value of not burning bridges with the LL if not absolutely necessary... have you put the question to them how the one girl just "was taken off the lease"? I'd be really curious to observe the answer to that one & it might be worth the trip in person if possible, just to see. It's not clear what interest on the LL's part that would serve. That's what's so fishy. WHY that would be done is something that just doesn't square. If you go to talk to them in person, you can also ask for receipts/photocopies of their records of damages & who paid what at that time.

MIRAKALES

The posted information provided is ALL SECOND HAND, therefore the responses and opinions are not necessarily beneficial to the actually tenants. There are several occasions when “WE realize all of that…” and “I understand that…” is given in response to the advice. It is not clear how a disinterested party would be so knowledgeable about the terms and condition of the lease agreement and premise conditions. This is only to advise that providing second-hand information and then relaying the responsive information to third parties is always cause for pause… (Be careful not to complicate matters further.)
It is not possible for one party to be removed from the lease agreement without the consent of ALL parties involved -- LL and all tenants would need to be in agreement to all lease modifications, period.

TCool

The posted information provided is ALL SECOND HAND, therefore the responses and opinions are not necessarily beneficial to the actually tenants. There are several occasions when “WE realize all of that…” and “I understand that…” is given in response to the advice. It is not clear how a disinterested party would be so knowledgeable about the terms and condition of the lease agreement and premise conditions. This is only to advise that providing second-hand information and then relaying the responsive information to third parties is always cause for pause… (Be careful not to complicate matters further.)
It is not possible for one party to be removed from the lease agreement without the consent of ALL parties involved -- LL and all tenants would need to be in agreement to all lease modifications, period.
MIRAKALES: I understand what you are saying. The answer to how I know so much about the situation is my girlfriend is a blabber mouth and never shuts up (she goes into so much detail about everything when she talks it sometimes drives me insane! :p). I have also read over all the information she has.

Penelope: She has actually contacted someone at the company and they are looking into the situation. She was supposed to meet with this person today, but that got pushed off to next week. This is not the person that usually deals with them their lease, but someone higher up on the totem pole. So, it sounds like she is willing to set things right because she told my girlfriend that this person should not have been removed from the lease.

Anyway, again, thanks for the info. And, sorry about taking a few days to reply. I've been busy getting myself and my daughter ready for the return to school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">