• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbiesmom54545

When I got divorced, I moved into an apartment in Texas. I went to visit relatives in Wisconsin last september, but was afraid to go back to texas because i couldnt find a job there. Because I still had all of my personal belongings in my apartment in Texas, I have been continuing to pay rent. I missed may's and june's rent which only adds up to $10. I have been keeping in touch with my landlord, and they said everything was fine and there wasnt a problem with me keeping my things there until i could find a way down there to get them. I called to find out if i could have someone go into my apartment and get some important documents out of there, and they said they had cleaned out my apartment and thrown everything away, without giving me a notice first, and my lease wasnt even up yet. I had a lot of important documents, and at least $600 worth of personal belongings, including my wedding ring and irreplacable pictures.
Is there anything I can do? Can I take them to court?

H

happygolucky

You will learn a very expensive lesson from this.

You will learn the landlord always gets paid first.

You will learn when you leave your residence TAKE EVERYTHING with you!

You will learn to have some family values and NEXT TIME ask your family for some money,to give to the landlord that would have been the wisest thing to do.

BUT you forced the landlord into loaning you money, and he didnt like it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">