• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this normal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckymom

What does your order actually SAY?

My order says we must confer about 'major' medical decisions, but that we're to each make routine and minor decisions while the child is residing with us. Mine also requires us to inform the other party about any medical issues noted while the child was with us.

So, when my 10 year old got glasses this year, I informed stupidhead that she had been to an appointment, and that she required glasses. I also informed him that I'd already ordered and paid for the glasses and that she only needed them for reading.

A dental cleaning is routine and minor. A tooth extraction would not be. Glasses - routine and minor... laser surgery - not so much.
Good advice! The order requires me to "inform" him about routine stuff and confer about major medical stuff. It also states that in the event we can't agree about the latter, the treating physician gets to decide. So as long as there is no dispute about eye exams and glasses being "routine," all is well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">