• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It,s not his signature on the custody papers I have been served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cal13

You aren't listening.

A mediator will sit you BOTH down and help you come to an agreement. You will BOTH have to compromise if you want to work together to parent your child.

Honestly, do you not have to work and can watch the child 24hrs a day? If not, then you are going to put the child in daycare (watch how fast she hits Dad up for half the cost) instead of with his Gma?? Are you nuts???

My ex tried this one. He didn't want my mom (kids gma) watching the kids. His alternative was 100% daycare costs paid by HIM. Yeah. My mom watches the kids :rolleyes:

You dont' get to control the show missy. So get used to THAT.[/QUO

Oh geez... Thats not what I was saying at all! I would not mind if she watched the kids. I wouldn't even mind if she wanted to take them...just to take them for the day...or even a couple. All I was saying is I was not comfortable with the legal aspect of it. And she is actually the one trying to control everything! And trust me that is not out of character for her (hence, the filling out his documents and even signing his name) Come to find out she marked a couple extra things he didn't agree to before they turned them in. And I STILL care about her as my childs grandmother, even after all I've gone through. So I don't see how I turned out to be the bad guy here, when everything said about me is a 100% lie. I'm suppose to ignore that? That's ok? No way! I want to protect myself as the mother of my children. I know, I am what is best for them. I would do ANYTHING for them. If he agrees with me, in mediation, that the kids will be with me while he's at work, and I am not at work then thats fine.
P.S.
Has anyone read the rules on this site?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You aren't listening.

A mediator will sit you BOTH down and help you come to an agreement. You will BOTH have to compromise if you want to work together to parent your child.

Honestly, do you not have to work and can watch the child 24hrs a day? If not, then you are going to put the child in daycare (watch how fast she hits Dad up for half the cost) instead of with his Gma?? Are you nuts???

My ex tried this one. He didn't want my mom (kids gma) watching the kids. His alternative was 100% daycare costs paid by HIM. Yeah. My mom watches the kids :rolleyes:

You dont' get to control the show missy. So get used to THAT.[/QUO

Oh geez... Thats not what I was saying at all! I would not mind if she watched the kids. I wouldn't even mind if she wanted to take them...just to take them for the day...or even a couple. All I was saying is I was not comfortable with the legal aspect of it. And she is actually the one trying to control everything! And trust me that is not out of character for her (hence, the filling out his documents and even signing his name) Come to find out she marked a couple extra things he didn't agree to before they turned them in. And I STILL care about her as my childs grandmother, even after all I've gone through. So I don't see how I turned out to be the bad guy here, when everything said about me is a 100% lie. I'm suppose to ignore that? That's ok? No way! I want to protect myself as the mother of my children. I know, I am what is best for them. I would do ANYTHING for them. If he agrees with me, in mediation, that the kids will be with me while he's at work, and I am not at work then thats fine.
P.S.
Has anyone read the rules on this site?
Ok - as I (and many others) have said SEVERAL times: Concentrate on your case...not the signature. You must learn to pick your battles, starting HERE.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Ok. Your, oh so witty, smart alek, comments are real mature. For me that just makes anything you say lose its credibility.
Considering that CourtClerk works in the California Family Court system (you know, the system that you're going to be involved in soon), you might want to rethink that position. :cool:

LdiJ

You aren't listening.

You dont' get to control the show missy. So get used to THAT.
Whoa there...I don't think that you read the thread very carefully. There are some fitness issues on dad's part, and therefore grandma would be raising the children if dad had primary custody (dad is living with grandma). They have only recently separated. Dad took the kids initially and then gave them back to mom.

Grandma has never been providing their daycare. Status quo on that is somewhere else...which has not been discussed. Grandma wrote dad's custody petition and forged his signature.

CourtClerk

Whoa there...I don't think that you read the thread very carefully. There are some fitness issues on dad's part, and therefore grandma would be raising the children if dad had primary custody (dad is living with grandma).
The only proof we have of "fitness issues" are the irrational OP stating so. That hardly makes it so.

LdiJ

The only proof we have of "fitness issues" are the irrational OP stating so. That hardly makes it so.
I don't agree that the OP is irrational. I certainly wouldn't roll over if an overstepping grandma forged my exe's signature on a petition for custody and I doubt that you would either.

However, if I conceed that point, there is still the point that this is a recent separation, dad initially took the kids and then returned them to mom, (indicating that dad believed that they should be with mom) and grandma has never provided the children's daycare.

Also indicating that StampGirl didn't fully read the thread before responding.

This statement:

In THIS scenario, is clearly over the top.

CourtClerk

I don't agree that the OP is irrational. I certainly wouldn't roll over if an overstepping grandma forged my exe's signature on a petition for custody and I doubt that you would either.
As I have never been the type to sit around and worry about the small stuff, I wouldn't give a darn WHO signed the papers. What matters is what's ON the papers, not who wrote them or signed them. THAT'S what you deal with. THAT'S the issue at hand. I just can't be so petty as to waste my time on that stuff. I prefer to deal with the REAL issue. If he shows up and decides that whatever is written on the paper he agrees with, then WHO CARES who signed it... you deal with the CUSTODY issue. In the end, you may find the court doesn't care who signed it either. DAD will be up there, speaking his mind and regurgitating whatever information was on those forms.

However, since most of you don't know me, you wouldn't realize how little tolerance for BS I have.

cal13

Ok - as I (and many others) have said SEVERAL times: Concentrate on your case...not the signature. You must learn to pick your battles, starting HERE.

Ok - as I (many times) have mentioned before: I am concentrating on the case, not the signature. I just asked about the legal repercutions, and it simply, will be mentioned. It's more ridiculous that it is not his signature, than any of the questions I have asked about what could happen in result of that being so.

LdiJ

As I have never been the type to sit around and worry about the small stuff, I wouldn't give a darn WHO signed the papers. What matters is what's ON the papers, not who wrote them or signed them. THAT'S what you deal with. THAT'S the issue at hand. I just can't be so petty as to waste my time on that stuff. I prefer to deal with the REAL issue. If he shows up and decides that whatever is written on the paper he agrees with, then WHO CARES who signed it... you deal with the CUSTODY issue. In the end, you may find the court doesn't care who signed it either. DAD will be up there, speaking his mind and regurgitating whatever information was on those forms.

However, since most of you don't know me, you wouldn't realize how little tolerance for BS I have.
I think that shows an extreme level of tolerance for BS. Letting a forged signature go without challenge on a court document? Letting an extremely overstepping grandma get away with that without mention or challenge at all?

So it would be ok if an extremely overstepping stepmom did the same?

I call BS.

mommyof4

I, for one, would be shocked.:D Somehow, I suspect your tolerance level for BS is about the same as mine. It ain't much.;)

OP, you need to calm down and stop adding more drama to this. Yes, yes, yes....I know. You think you have a shot at getting this entire issue thrown out AND getting Gma slapped so hard she'll be able to personally inspect her rear view. We get it.

Here's the thing. It's really not worth that battle (as you have been repeatedly told). Focus on the issues you need to address as they have been presented in the papers you were served. If you KNOW you are the best for them, then prove it.

You are appalled that there are lies included in the documents sworn by your drug addict lover (or mother, whatever). All I can tell you is....welcome to child custody disputes 101. You wouldn't believe the crap that I read about myself. You wouldn't believe the utter stupidity. The result? I proved to the judge that his claims were crap.

BL

I think the OP is focusing on the issue(s).

Without looking up the Petition form(s) , I'd like to see a link to them ,to see if they State anything about unlawfully filing them .

I think it matters .

Perhaps CA. Judges could give a hoot ?

If they do not ,they should .

I'm sure appellate would.

Beats me .. But unlawful is unlawful , if in fact she signed it/them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">