• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint custody with no courts involved.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GElite

Myself and my wife live in Mobile, AL. She has 2 children (6&7) from a previous marriage and her and the ex share joint custody but this is not court ordered, its just an agreement between the two of them. Recently every time the children go stay with their father the get sent home from school almost every time for lice. His method for treating them is not washing their hair so then we are left with the problem. I can't tell you how many times we've had to treat them. Last Monday the kids were sent home AGAIN! This time he decided to treat them with dog shampoo. Now there whole face is broke out in a huge rash. He refuses to Beleive that he and his home are the problem. He wont treat himself or his home although I imagine if he did treat himself it wouldn't be with dog shampoo. The children did not attend school all week so he wouldnt have to deal with it and of course we inherit the problem yet again. This can not continue. We are going to have to file for custody and prevent them from being reinfested. He's libel to use gas next time. We can't really afford an attorney. Can someone please point me in the right direction before our children end up being hurt.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Myself and my wife live in Mobile, AL. She has 2 children (6&7) from a previous marriage and her and the ex share joint custody but this is not court ordered, its just an agreement between the two of them. Recently every time the children go stay with their father the get sent home from school almost every time for lice. His method for treating them is not washing their hair so then we are left with the problem. I can't tell you how many times we've had to treat them. Last Monday the kids were sent home AGAIN! This time he decided to treat them with dog shampoo. Now there whole face is broke out in a huge rash. He refuses to Beleive that he and his home are the problem. He wont treat himself or his home although I imagine if he did treat himself it wouldn't be with dog shampoo. The children did not attend school all week so he wouldnt have to deal with it and of course we inherit the problem yet again. This can not continue. We are going to have to file for custody and prevent them from being reinfested. He's libel to use gas next time. We can't really afford an attorney. Can someone please point me in the right direction before our children end up being hurt.
Is this the same wife that you've been separated from for a year and a half?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2922743

Ok so me and my wife have been separated about a year and a half and she refuses to to return or let me have anything that belongs to me. We have no children and there has been no formal seperation or any thing ordered by the courts regarding our separation. Since she refuses to return anything I clearly need leverage. My question is if I go to her job or home and jump in OUR car and leave with it am I breaking any laws or it basically whoever has possession of community property maintained custody untill an order is issued by the courts. I don't care if she gets the car in the divorce I just feel like it's all half mine. I just don't want to break the law by seizing the car. Thanks

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
  1. They are not 'our' children.
  2. Legally, YOU DON'T MATTER.
  3. If you weren't present at conception then it is NONE of your LEGAL business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">