• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judge denied continuance for no good cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I believe i do people vs Scott William Peterson. Calibration of radar tuning forks. Matters of federal law and trafffic survey. Officer used radar gun pointing up hill as i traveled down hill which is considered entrapment and survey for traffic speeds cannot be conducted on hills and must be conducted on flat ground due to the varibles caused to speed on hills
How do you come to the conclusion that it was entrapment. Did the police somehow encourage you to drive at 90 in a 65 zone?

Wow.
But it asks more questions of the OP than have been answered.
Were there markings placed at defined distances?
Was it a local street, road or school zone?
When was the last time the road was surveyed.
I'm sure an attorney will be able to help him in answering all those questions.

quincy

Wow.
This of course assumes brenside decides to take the time, make the effort, and spend the money to try to set aside the judgment - on a quest that could easily result in the same judgment against him. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow.
Right - I wasn't trying to comment on the validity of his argument ;)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
MUTCD Federal manual for traffic law the guide lines are clear that speed limits determined by city or state engineers conducting radar survey of traffic on flat level stretch of road. I was traveling down hill with the officer below when he claims his radar clocked me at 90mph. I was a head of 7 cars after coming a round the front two from previous passing lane and hit resume on cruise control which was previously set at 70 mph
90 > 70 > 65.

You were speeding. You got caught speeding. The posted speed limit is the speed limit, even if you are going down hill and are in the passing lane, actively passing cars.

1) You need a lawyer. Your defense, as expressed here, is not going to help you, so you need a professional to speak on your behalf.
2) Next time rent a car for your trip. That way, if the car breaks down, the rental place will bring out a working replacement to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">