• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge or Magistrate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VeronicaLodge

holy crap?! alimony for life? with no kids, obviously she wasnt a stay at home mom!

heck i was married for 12 years with no kids! i would have died if my ex was awarded alimony for life!!!!!!

tuffbrk

In FL though women are coddled...my fiance was married for 12 years to her and no kids thank heaven....alimony for life or if she remarries or co habitates. Keep your fingers crossed!
Okay - I'm moving to Florida if I ever am dumb enough to get remarried!

Let's daydream a minute - she goes in asking for more, the judge reviews and decides not only that she shouldn't get more - but heck - why does she need it at all and he changes the amount to 0!!! LOL!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your friend...

Bali Hai

Okay - I'm moving to Florida if I ever am dumb enough to get remarried!

The dumb one would be the one who married you. No offense.:)

Let's daydream a minute - she goes in asking for more, the judge reviews and decides not only that she shouldn't get more - but heck - why does she need it at all and he changes the amount to 0!!! LOL!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your friend...
OP's friend will need to cross-motion seeking to pay less for the judge to consider that.

tuffbrk

Bali, Bali, Bali...

Hmm...my feelings were hurt initially. But in thinking about it - with the alimony bill I'd be bringing with me? LOL!! A guy may be stupid if he married me in the future! But - very, very lucky too!:D

Have a good weekend!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">