• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment attachment of savings account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My husband and I have a judgment against both of us. My name is on my childrens savings account. They are 29 and 23 years old respectively. One child files income taxes in their social security number. My name is also on money my mother owns and files taxes in her social security number also. I am listed as one of 2 daughters on this account. Can the judgment get money from these accounts? Please advise? My husband works but I do not.


Senior Member
Anything with your name attached can be siezed. The tax filing issue is irrelevent. Any attempt to remove your name from the accounts at this time could be considered fraud. Your children and mother may wish to remove any funds from the accounts and place them in new accounts at different financial institutions in their names only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential